I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually pause when someone asks me about my profession. Each and every time I'll wage a cerebral war with myself on the pros/cons of telling this complete stranger about what I do, because 75% of the time the next words will be, "So I have this dog...".

Monday, August 27, 2012

TMI, continued

(as I'm putting on a pair latex gloves to express a dog's anal sacs, by far one of my least favorite tasks, the male owner chimes in....)

"Don't worry there Scooter, this is gonna hurt me more than it'll hurt you. The urologist just did the same thing to me."

(....and even though I wanted the conversation to end there, my super observant and very helpful nurse Lauren had to follow with a correction...)

"Actually sir, humans don't have anal sacs."

(....which led to why I wasn't hungry for lunch today: )

"Oh I know, it was just my prostate. But he put on the gloves and did the same thing that you're doing there. It's a little big...my prostate that is."

2 comments: