I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually pause when someone asks me about my profession. Each and every time I'll wage a cerebral war with myself on the pros/cons of telling this complete stranger about what I do, because 75% of the time the next words will be, "So I have this dog...".

Thursday, August 16, 2012

So who owns who?

"Now, I need you to use these eye drops three times a day to help treat Goopy's eye infection."

"I'm not sure doc, would twice a day be ok? He has to sleep in until noon every day, otherwise he's a grumpy puppy for the rest of the day."

"Well, you could still apply the eye drops three times a day, just do it when he wakes up, sometime later in the afternoon, and again late at night before you go to bed."

"No, you don't understand, he goes back to bed at 6pm. I won't be able to give him the eye drops after that."


(Note: for all of the vets our there reading this - no, he doesn't have a medical reason for his "low" energy level. He doesn't actually have "low" energy and doesn't need to sleep that much. It's really the owner that sleeps that much, not her dog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment