I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually pause when someone asks me about my profession. Each and every time I'll wage a cerebral war with myself on the pros/cons of telling this complete stranger about what I do, because 75% of the time the next words will be, "So I have this dog...".

Monday, July 5, 2010

Overheard on the 5th of July

A little background: Our hospital is always closed on Sunday. And just like everyone, we look forward to those occasional national holidays when our hospital is closed, but we still get "holiday pay". This year the 4th of July fell on a Sunday. Crap. Where 95% of the private practice veterinary hospitals in the country are closed on Monday to give their employees the day off with holiday pay, the oblivious and insensitive that is our hospital owner kept us open to sit on our thumbs.

Phone rings:
Concerned client: "You guys are open?"

Sarcastic receptionist: "Sure are. You know there's not place I'd rather be."

Disgruntled technician sitting in the next room: "Hell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment