I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually pause when someone asks me about my profession. Each and every time I'll wage a cerebral war with myself on the pros/cons of telling this complete stranger about what I do, because 75% of the time the next words will be, "So I have this dog...".

Friday, September 2, 2011

definition of the day

If you were to look up "high-maintenance" in a Veterinary Medical dictionary, you'd see a picture of the client that has called me 8 times today about their healthy puppy. I don't mind answering questions and all, and the puppy is pretty damn cute. But seriously, spend a few minutes/hours/days/weeks gathering all of your questions together and only then call me. Or simply get a different hobby, because calling me this many times in one day is not working for me.

Edit: Sept. 3rd at 9:00am and I've already had another phone call. Don't forget that this puppy is healthy. This last phone call was to ask how I thought the puppy liked the treat I offered during the exam. Seriously? (grumble grumble)

8 comments:

  1. Years ago, doing preop counseling, I had a young educated healthy woman who was scheduled to have a knee arthroscopy.Unfortunately, she had internet access and knew how to use it! Her questions prolonged the counseling time to the point it took longer to talk to her than it took her very competent surgeon to do her surgery. Your high maintenance client may be her!! Or her twin in vet land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was really interesting and very informative for us! thanks for sharing it! :)



    --------------------------------
    It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog, and I am in stitches. I'm sure hope I'm not one of 'those' clients.

    Thanks for sharing your experiences. I have added your blog to my reader so I can check back regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog too, (and love it) I've included you in my "Liebster Award" list (you so can check out the details in my blog post today.)
    I already knew a vet's job has got to be really tough-but you make me appreciate it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be tough to find time to write... But please don't abandon this blog! I think I've run out of entries to read or I wouldn't pressure you like this.

    Thank you for considering writing more. In all your spare time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap, it has been a while since I've posted! Sorry! Our son was born in June, things really got hectic and some of my extracurricular activities fell by the wayside. I'll try to pick things back up now that we're in a better routine.

      Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete