I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually pause when someone asks me about my profession. Each and every time I'll wage a cerebral war with myself on the pros/cons of telling this complete stranger about what I do, because 75% of the time the next words will be, "So I have this dog...".

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Making muffins

A sweet older client of mine came in with one of her cats for his annual exam. Things were going rather smoothly and routine until near the end of the visit when I reached over to give Crabby his Rabies vaccine while he was precariously close to his mom.

"Hey now, make sure you don't poke that thing into one of my breasts!! No seriously, they're fake and I was told they could rupture any minute. I got these back in the early days when they just put silicone under your skin. They're a little bigger than I wanted so now I'm always worried that something will happen to one of them. Heck, even when the cats go to make muffins on me in bed I worry their claws will pop them just like that, BANG!! I can see that you think I'm joking, but I'm not."

1 comment:

  1. Can we say overshare? The mental image I now have is disturbing.

    murgatr
    Pharm. Tech. RDC '08

    ReplyDelete